Sunday 30 October 2016

Weekly Wrap Up and Stacking the Shelves #44

Weekly Wrap Up...

I have been off all week and I was hoping I could manage 3 books but this did not happen. I have barely managed to start a third book. But I've had a fantastic week with my parents here and my husband and daughter at home too. This week I have finished Six Of Crows and Paper Butterflies. I have loved both for completely different reasons. 



 


Ketterdam: a bustling hub of international trade where anything can be had for the right price—and no one knows that better than criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker. Kaz is offered a chance at a deadly heist that could make him rich beyond his wildest dreams. But he can't pull it off alone...
A convict with a thirst for revenge
A sharpshooter who can't walk away from a wager
A runaway with a privileged past
A spy known as the Wraith
A Heartrender using her magic to survive the slums
A thief with a gift for unlikely escapes


Kaz's crew are the only ones who might stand between the world and destruction—if they don't kill each other first.



 


June's life at home with her stepmother and stepsister is a dark one – and a secret one. She is trapped like a butterfly in a net.

But then June meets Blister, a boy in the woods. In him she recognises the tiniest glimmer of hope that perhaps she can find a way to fly far, far away from her home and be free. Because every creature in this world deserves their freedom . . . But at what price?
Paper Butterflies is an unforgettable read, perfect for fans of Jennifer Niven, Jandy Nelson, Sarah Crossan and Louise O'Neill.



Stacking the Shelves...

I don't even know where to begin. It's been a busy week for my shelf. 

First of all thank you to Marta at HarperCollins for my Reign of Shadows. It's on my kindle and I am very excited about this one. The cover is stunning and I have been eyeing it up for ages.

Thank you to Charlotte at Macmillan for my copy of A Quiet Kind Of Thunder. I loved Sara's first book and I can't wait to read this one.

I've also received a rather impressing parcel of Transworld Books which included The Invasion of the Tearling and Hold Back the Stars. I have been waiting for these every day in the hope I will be lucky enough to get either. So you can imagine how impressed I was when both arrived. Eeeeek! 

Friday night I went to the Worlds Collide Tour in manchester. Where I obviously couldn't resist buying more books ha ha So I have bought Attachements and Shadow and Bone. Even tho I have read Shadow and Bone I haven't had a physical copy. Also while at the event I have swapped books with the lovely Patricia and have come home with Kook and A Thousand Pieces of You. Thank you!! 

 


 


 


 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment