Friday 14 October 2016

Review: The Sun Is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon

 


Natasha: I’m a girl who believes in science and facts. Not fate. Not destiny. Or dreams that will never come true. I’m definitely not the kind of girl who meets a cute boy on a crowded New York City street and falls in love with him. Not when my family is twelve hours away from being deported to Jamaica. Falling in love with him won’t be my story.

Daniel: I’ve always been the good son, the good student, living up to my parents’ high expectations. Never the poet. Or the dreamer. But when I see her, I forget about all that. Something about Natasha makes me think that fate has something much more extraordinary in store—for both of us.

The Universe: Every moment in our lives has brought us to this single moment. A million futures lie before us. Which one will come true?


I really enjoyed Yoon's last book so I had really high hopes for this one. And I wasn't disappointed, quite the opposite I think this one is even better. It feels and reads completely different. This is the  story of Natasha and Daniel who meet while she is trying to find a way to stop her deportation and he is on the way to a college interview that he might not even want. This couldn't be a more inconvenient day to find that someone special. But bad timing can't stop fate, or can it?

This book is about fate and love. Its about how every little decision changes the course not just for you but for those around you too. It is so amazingly written I couldn't put it down. I instantly loved both Natasha and Daniel. I love how strongly he believes in true love while Natasha doesn't at all.

Beautiful and full of heart. It takes you on a trip round New York and touches on so many serious topics, in a way that wont just make you frown but will make you laugh too. Its full of hidden humour and moments that will make you smile and cry in equal measure.

The characters are so amazing I don't even know where to begin. They couldn't be more different even if they tried, and I don't mean their backgrounds. Natasha who is an absolute science geek that believes only in the things that she can prove. And then Daniel who is a poet and a hopeless romantic. They are both charming and intriguing in their own way. And I enjoyed every single one of their conversations.

I cant tell you enough how much I have enjoyed this. The story is just pure bliss and an absolute gem. Oh my poor little heart.

Honestly this book is STUNNING!!! You do not want to miss this one.

Thank you for Penguin Random House and Netgalley for my copy.

The Sun Is Also A Star will be published 3rd November.

No comments:

Post a Comment