Tuesday 6 October 2015

Night owls (also known as The Anatomical Shaoe of a Heart) by Jenn Bennett


"Feeling alive is always worth the risk.

Meeting Jack on the Owl—San Francisco's night bus—turns Beatrix's world upside down. Jack is charming, wildly attractive...and possibly one of San Francisco's most notorious graffiti artists.

But Jack is hiding a piece of himself. On midnight rides and city rooftops, Beatrix begins to see who this enigmatic boy really is."



Holy cow I loved this book! From the very first page I couldn't put it down! Those are my favourites, the books that grip me from the start. When Bex meets a mysterious guy on the night owl bus even I am totally smitten and want to know more about him. They get to chat and flirt a little. But out of his bag falls a golden spray paint can. She soon figures out that he is the one who has been spraying words across town, in golden letters. It's all across the news and as beautiful as it is, the police are looking for him. But Bex, and me too, can't stop thinking about the boy, even tho Bex is usually a good girl and not really at all interested in a bad boy. She soon goes searching for him and with some help from a homeless 'friend' they find each other again. His name is Jack and she is the only one who knows his secret.

Bex is still reluctant to give him her phone number . Which results in really quirky and lovely ways for them two to find each other again. Jack however has his secrets, that will slowly come to light within the story. I don't really wanna give to much away about this ones story. 

I really liked Bex, who lives with her mother and brother after the father left them for another women. Bex has had no contact with him at all, but what is her mother hiding? 

I love how this book is so much about art, esp in this totally unique kind of way. Bex has clear vision of what she wants to do and where she wants her art to take her.

But I absolutely love Jack! Think I may be in love a little myself. He is mysterious and he is actually the kind of bad boy that every girl really dreams off, but normally ends up with an actual douche instead. He is charming, funny, mysterious, hot... I couldn't get enough of him. 

This book totally kept me on my toes, guessing throughout, always a secret or a surprise around the corner. 
I can't even express how much I enjoyed this. It's been an emotional roller coaster. But I have had a smile on a lot, while reading. It's so beautifully written, it's absolutely adorable and full of heart. It's about love, adrenaline, trust, art, finding yourself and about family. This story will stay with me for some time, I already found myself thinking about it while at work, wishing I was at home instead to continue. Absolutely beautiful, a must read for everyone. 

The only way to describe how I feel about this book is; it made me fall in love along side the characters, slowly, once page at a time. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm only on page 57 and am already smitten with Jack, so I totally understand what you mean! Great review, even more excited to read it now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is so mysterious and totally amazing! One of my fave book boyfriends. Enjoy. Can't wait to read your review :)

      Delete