Wednesday 16 December 2015

Queen Of Always by Sherry D. Flickin





LONG LIVE THE QUEEN

If her time at court has taught Catherine anything, it’s that there is no room for weakness in Imperial Russia. With the Empress’ health failing and rumors of a change in the line of succession, her place in the royal line is once more in jeopardy. Tormented by her sadistic husband and his venomous mistress, Catherine must once more walk the fine line between pleasure and politics—between scandal and survival.

When her young son becomes the target of those rebelling against Peter’s reign, Catherine will have to rise up to protect herself, her child, and her nation from his unstable and potentially catastrophic rule. This means putting herself at odds with the most dangerous man she’s ever known, trusting those who once proved to be her enemies, and turning a nation against its sovereign. In the ultimate battle for the crown, new alliances will be forged, loyalties will be tested, and blood will be shed.



I am always stuck when doing a review of a book that's not the start of a series! How much do you give away of the story? You don't want to spoil the books before to others who haven't read them yet. So I try to be vague about the actual story and rather try and tell you what my feelings are on the book!!

I absolute loved this book!! Well not just this book but the whole series. I don't know much about historical fiction but u am now a big fan. 

In book 3 everything is stepped up a notch. Peters hate gets to a new high, he has been tormenting Catherine trough all of them but in this book it left me speechless, broke my heart and made me cry. 

Catherine's heart is still as big as always. Her love life is still one to shout about and its a story completely on its own. But what is most amazing about Catherine is to see how much she has grown. What an amazing, strong, fair, proud and courageous women she has become. Long gone is the shy and naive girl that arrived at court in the first book. She will have to make choices that would have seemed impossible for her at first. She is an amazing heroin.

Like the books before I thoroughly enjoyed this one too, it's a fast paced page turner. A great quick read which I am very sad is over. 

I always feared if I read anything historical I might find it hard to understand some parts. But never in this series, you don't,  in any way have to be knowledgable. It doesn't dwell on the actual history. It's much more then a story about Catherine becoming the queen of Russia. It's about all the struggle and heartache on her way to the throne. About growing into a true queen. 

I can't recommend this series enough. A total emotional roller coaster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment