Tuesday 8 November 2016

Review: Paper Butterfies by Lisa Heatherfield





June's life at home with her stepmother and stepsister is a dark one – and a secret one. She is trapped like a butterfly in a net.

But then June meets Blister, a boy in the woods. In him she recognises the tiniest glimmer of hope that perhaps she can find a way to fly far, far away from her home and be free. Because every creature in this world deserves their freedom . . . But at what price?


OMG!! What did I just read? This book has broken me over and over and over again. I don't even think I can put any of this into words. This book is the biggest emotional rollercoaster I have ever read.

The things June has to endure, not only at school but in her own home with her stepmother and stepsister have been so heart breaking to read. I wasn't sure I could make it through this book. It was tearing me apart. June is amazing, what a strong and incredible young lady. But its when she meets Blister that her life changes for the better. But only while she is with Blister, because things just get worse everywhere else.

I could have never imagined where this story goes. Never in my wildest dreams did I see any of it coming. There was even a point at which I thought I am better off not finishing it, because I wasn't sure I could take it. And it did totally break me in pieces. What have you done to me??

I can't finish this without once again mentioning Blister. He is perfect! I love him.

Emotional, heart breaking and unmissable. One of the most incredible books I have read this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment