Tuesday 17 November 2015

The Reading Habits Book Tag

I am another one slightly braking the rules with this one. I haven't been tagged to do this but I think the idea is great and it's a lovely way to get to know other bloggers. Have seen some really interesting answers and enjoyed reading those posts a lot. So here is mine. 
I have also added one question myself because I was rather interested to see what other readers are like. Hope you enjoy this :) 

Do you have a certain place at home for reading. 

I don't really. I probably read the most on our sofa or in bed. But I also enjoy reading in the bath with a lovely lush bathbomb in, it's my kind of Sunday routine. You can even find me in the kitchen sometimes cooking and reading if a book is really good. 

Bookmark or random piece of paper?

I love bookmarks. I have lots. But you know when you sat somewhere and it suddenly goes missing? Well then a piece of paper will do for now. 

Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop at the end of a chapter/a certain amount of pages? 

I do prefer to finish a chapter, I find it much easier to then pick up where I left of. But I have a little daughter so I more often then not have to just put the book down. I even squeeze in some reading into 15 minutes before I have to go to work, so again I am forced to just put it down. I do however try and finish at the top of a page so I remember where I was. 

Do you eat or drink while reading? 

Both. I love a cuppa while reading. But while I like a snack with a book I wouldn't read while eating dinner. 

Multitasking: music or tv while reading? 

I find it hard to concentrate on my book with either of those on. When I have words in my ears they distract me from the words in front of my eyes. I don't mind it when it's quiet and often have the radio on in the backround. But only at low volume. 

One book at a time or several at once?

Always just the one. I find I can't switch off from one to concebtrate on another and then go back. So I only pick one up when I am done with another. 

Read at home or everywhere? 

I could read anywhere to be honest. Holiday being my favourite place of course :) I try to carry my kindle with me where ever I can.

Can you read while on the move in a car or on the train? 

This one I have added myself. It always amazes me how many people read on the London tubes. And while I can manage on the train I am not sure I could on the tube while standing up and being shaken some. However I can not read in the car at all. Makes me dizzy and I really wish it didn't. We often drive abroad and it's hours and hours in the car, would be lovely to spend the time reading. 

Read aloud or silently in your head? 

Always silently in my head. The only time I read aloud is when I read to my little daughter. 

Do you read ahead or even skip pages? 

I don't skip pages no. However when it's really interesting and I can't wait I will scan the page with my eyes even when I just turned the page. But I have never looked at an ending beforehand.

Breaking the spine or keeping it new?

I used to break the spine. But then I started swapping books with my best friend and she kept her books as new. So I kind of got used to that, not only that but I loved that my books still looked pretty and new. So now I do this to all my books, they all looked untouched and I am really strict when someone wants to borrow one of mine. 

Do you write in books? 

No, never. If I need to make any notes I save them on my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment