Monday 21 September 2015

Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini



'When shy, awkward Helen Hamilton meets Lucas Delos for the first time, she thinks two things: the first, that he is the most ridiculously beautiful boy she has seen in her life; the second, that she wants to kill him with her bare hands.

An ancient curse means Lucas and Helen are destined to loathe one another. But sometimes love is stronger then hate, and not even the gods themselves can prevent what will happen next...'

I am not one to reread books at all. There is only a handful I have ever read more then once. But I remember reading this one years back when it was first released and I never continued with book 2 and 3. So I decided to pick this up again. Amazing how much I have already forgotten.

I love the idea of this book, there isn't anything like this. Books about demigods don't come around often. And I really enjoyed the storyline. I sometimes however got a bit confused. Things wasn't always explained very well and I found myself just accepting things as they was written without understanding why it's like this. You know when you find yourself reading words more then actual sentences...?

 I have always been a sucker for forbidden love tho and even tho I am probably to old for these I just can't stay away. So lets just assume its me and I just don't understand enough of mythology to really appreciate this book. I did however love Lucas. I loved his family and all their different strengths and fates. And I really liked Helen. And I will certainly continue with the rest of the books now. I cant help but want to know what will happen between two lovers when everything powerful is in their way. But their pull to each other is undeniable and irreversible. But why cant these two be together? What is really stopping them?

So all in all I love the idea! Really do, just wish I could understand everything I have read...

No comments:

Post a Comment